Friday, March 21, 2008

Spotted ...

I can't believe I was actually recognized on the street for my blog!

This morning, I was standing at the bus stop waiting to go into work and a man (David, I think he introduced himself as) crossed the street and stood beside me in the cold morning sun. He looked at me, pulled out the earpiece linked to his I-pod and said: "Do you blog...or did you in the past?"

"Yes," I replied. "But I haven't done it in a long time."

He then explained how he had forgotten how he had come upon it, but the started to read my rants and enjoyed them.

"I have been meaning to update it for about six months now." I explained. "I've been getting harassed by some of my friends about not keeping up and I had a few things I needed to write about."

He joked with me, saying I should get a commission on pizza sales from Lazarro's. "I read about that and figured it's right around the corner, I should check it out. Now I'm there all the time getting pizza."

It made me feel good, knowing that there are still some people out there who read my writings. And I do have more to write about including:

* Dinner with Big Daddy
* "Final Destination", the train ride
* My trip to Vegas
* (and possibly) my severed friendships

So I'll try to get rolling. In the meantime...

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

High time, son, you got back
to business. Good for you!
And good, too, you've got some
well-deserved recognition.
(Hope you at least exchanged
numbers with the nice gentleman;
don't tell me you didn't--I'll
call you on the carpet for that!)
Expecting much more in the near
future (I need a reason, after all,
to turn on my computer). And remember: writing is a rewarding
occupation. Yours truly.