Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kindered Wine and Spirits ...

Back in 2000, I started talking to a guy in a bar sitting next to me. It was just simple small talk, but then we were both quickly caught up on the Timmy/Jimmy fight on South Park. Being the only ones in the entire bar laughing our asses off, a friendship quickly formed.

This friendship lasted 7 years and then was quickly abollished for reasons no longer important.

A few months ago, I found myself saddled up to another bar watching another tv screen and discover this same guy sitting next to me. So many things have changed over the last 3 years of our banished friendship, yet so many things were left unaltered. After a brief and awkward bout of apologies and regrets, the laughing and joking started up again.

We've met up a few times since and it's good to feel that old friendship reshaping itself.

Last night we pounded back a few drinks, shared more than enough hardy laughs and walked home together. We stopped in his place, sat and talked a bit more in the back garden, had another beer and I headed on my way.

It feels good to have my friend back...

No comments: