Thursday, December 01, 2005

After 11 Agonizing Months ...

...My New Year's resolution is happening.

As of today, December 1st, I am writing my resignation and will no longer be pushing the works of "The Painter of Light". It's been a long time coming, especially in the last year and a half when I had to pretend to like "Little Miss Hysterectomy", a back-stabbing be-otch who tries to weasle her way into each and every sale and/or client I have. She's been working in this gallery (transferred from another gallery that had closed a few years ago) and almost immediately, her antics began. I've given her the above name because of the operation she had last January. I was hoping that having her insides scraped and removed (sorry for the gross image, but that's how much I hate her), she would've have calmed down like a cat or dog being fixed. But noooooooooooooo. There have been times when I've been so angry with her and her sneaky tricks, my friends and I would sit around the bar and discuss easy ways of eliminating her from the picture.

For the most part, however, I like most of the people I work with and, after five years, writing this letter will be hard and sending it, even harder. Maybe a singing telegram or a male stripper would be more appropriate.

I'm exciting (and frightened) about starting my new job. It's something completely different, but it's also got far-reaching possibilites. My friends are very exciting because I'm no longer commuting out to the boonies (I think, however, they're more excited about the 50% discount I'll be getting).

Anyway, wish me luck and I'll let y'all know what sort of reaction my letter will bring.

Caio!

1 comment:

dana said...

Starting a new job is exciting! Change is refreshing. Best of luck.