Thursday, December 08, 2005

Not a Happy Snow Bunny ...

Thursday...

Snow storm on the way...

Birthday tomorrow...

Party on Saturday...

Everything falling apart...

There's a girl I work with who (for some God only knows what reason) travels down five hours from central New York to work the weekends here. She's supposed to arrive early tomorrow afternoon so that I can take off and enjoy my birthday. She's scheduled to work Saturday morning and then head back home Saturday afternoon. I have off on Saturday so that I can enjoy myself at M&O's 2nd annual Christmas extravaganza.

I was excited yesterday at the thought of a snow storm heading our way in time for my birthday (something that hasn't happened in my lifetime) and couldn't wait to go out and play (or at least drink at the bar).

But here I am at work (45 minutes late due to a car fire on the Schuylkill Expressway) and I just received a call from the girl from New York. They already have 29 inches of snow on the ground and another 10 on the way tomorrow, so she's not coming down. Already short staffed here, now I'm stuck working later than I was originally scheduled for tomorrow and I not only have to come in on Saturday morning (which means I can't go out tomorrow night for my birthday), but I also have to work on Sunday (which means I can't "over"enjoy myself at the party on Saturday).

This just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

No comments: