Thursday, September 01, 2005

Team America ...

I just saw the Team America - World Police movie the other night and I have to say it. I fucking LOVED it!!!!! As much as I like comedies, it takes alot for me to laugh out loud at something on television, especially if I'm by myself. And I was pissing myself watching this movie.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are absolute geniuses with their warped sense of humor. Between the South Park series, the movie "Bigger, Longer and Uncut" and now Team America, they take no prisoners and hold no taboo thoughts at bay in their visual creations, pushing the envelope of decency far far beyond the threshold of tolerance. Which makes it all the more funny. There isn't a person alive who doesn't have racist thoughts, no matter how good natured you think you are. Trey and Matt bring your thoughts to the screen and allow you to laugh without the feeling of guilt.

And with Team America, they do it with puppets. They are advanced marrionettes with motorized heads to capture facial expressions, but the strings are all visible throughout the movie. It's something you soon forget when the sexual inuendos and racial slurs begin slamming you left and right. And no one is spared punishment, whether it be Kim Jong Il, Michael Moore, or Helen Hunt (don't you think they've captured that everlasting constipated smile?), the characters come to life and make you laugh out loud!

If you decide to rent the DVD, however, be sure to get the director's cut. In it you will see some things you'd never think you'd witness. What, you ask?... How about the dirdiest sex scene that would make Ron Jeremy blush.




3 comments:

bricotrout said...

you forgot baseketball my man. i fell asleep during this. i thought it was mildly amusing.
southpark is raw genious though!!!

•♥•m•♥• said...

So....the directors cut is more disturbing than the puppet sex they left in the movie??? I didnt know if I should appreciate the creativity of the scene or wonder what the hell they were smokin when they sat around the puppeteer room..... :)

Ridor said...

Come back, dude. I miss reading your entries!

R-