Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Broadway Bares...

I went on a day trip to New York City this past Sunday to see an AIDS benefit entitled Broadway Bares. I need to thank my good friend, JC, for the invite. He had been going for the last 10 or 11 years and this was my first time experiencing the show. From my understanding it had started out about 15 years ago with 8 dancers in a gay bar. This year, there must've been over 200 male and female dancers performing erotic routines in elaborate costumes. There were even surprise appearances by a few well-known broadway and television celebrities including David Hyde Pierce (Niles Crane), Tim Curry (best known as the transexual in Rocky Horror, Bruce Fellanch (spelling?), Christina Applegate and, of all people, Dr. Ruth Westheimer.

I had also seen some celebrities of past and present in the crowd enjoying the show, including Jm J. Bullock and a few of the guys from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

It was good to spend the day in the Big Apple again and we enjoyed lunch in a nice little Greek Restaurant (where I nearly knocked myself out walking into a floor length mirror in the tiny bathroom). It was an extremely long day and quite tiring. We JUST made the midnight train back home (if we had missed it, the next train running would've been 3am).

Sorry...that's about all I can write right now. I'm sure I'll think of something alittle later, but I have a 12-hour day of work ahead of me and I had a rough night's sleep last night. I'm tired and my eyes are literally burning, they're so dry and bloodshot.

Maybe I'll write about why I am lacking sleep, but that sexual encounter is alittle too graphic :)

No comments: